Role: The Director of Children and Parent Ministries leads the ministry of Bethany E-‐‑Free Church to and with children and their parents, from age 0 to 5th grade.
Purpose: The Director of Children and Parent Ministries exists to lead Bethany’s Children’s Ministry in shepherding and supporting children and parents to love, enjoy, worship, and serve God through Jesus.
Reports: The Director of Children and Parent Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor.
Hours: 15 per week
Salary: $20 per hour
- Love, enjoy, worship, and serve God through Jesus.
- Grow in personal holiness and Christlikeness.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, develop and lead strategies to shepherd children and families to commune with and worship God.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, develop and lead strategies to shepherd children to walk with God post-elementary school.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Preschool Director, develop and lead strategies to create connection points for unchurched children and parents.
- Identify, develop, deploy, direct, and support volunteer leaders.
- Within one year become a member of Bethany EFC.
- Affirm Bethany E-Free Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Excel at mentoring, prayer, communication, and organization.
- Attend staff meetings and 1:1 meetings with the Senior Pastor.
DISCLAIMER: The Director of Children and Parent Ministries is first and foremost called to live a life following Christ. In that life there will be areas of sin and need for repentance. Because this position involved working with minors and directly shaping how they follow Christ, some sins and struggles may disqualify an individual for this position. This is especially true in cases of sexual sin, divisive sin, and unrepentant sin. Any such cases would be handled in accordance with the by-laws of Bethany EFC.
- Sincere desire to love, enjoy, and know Christ more deeply.
- Affirmation of Bethany EFC’s Statement of Faith.
- Received or working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to recruit, organize, encourage, and support volunteers.
- Patience and flexibility.
- Warm and welcoming personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound understanding of Evangelical Christian doctrine.
- Passion for working with children and parents.
- Experience in children’s ministry. Experience leading children’s ministry or children’s programing preferred.
For More Information, or to Apply:
Comments or questions are welcome.