Associate Pastor of Worship
- Born and raised in Nebraska (Go Big Red!)
- Played Division II Football in College
- Married a Division I Soccer Player (she never lets me forget who is the better athlete)
- Three young kids, two sons and one daughter (my dad joke game is on point)
- Did grad school at Denver Seminary (no jokes here, just grateful for the education)
- LOVES to read (bookstores are my happy place)
- Been in Colorado four years (and five years before that, with a little break in the Chicago suburbs between)
- Grew up in Washington state and lived in Chicago for seven years before moving to Denver
- Married his high school sweetheart
- Attended Moody Bible Institute and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (this is when I developed a love of books with footnotes)
- Loves playing music (the first instrument I learned was cello, the most recent was mandolin)
- Terrible at sports (I was an orchestra kid in High School)
- Guilty pleasure is McDonald's (unfortunately there is one right next to the church)
- Loves to hike (I have often been accused of intentionally misleading people about the length of a hike in an attempt to make it a longer trip)
Children and Family Ministry Director
- Married with 3, 5 or 7 kids.
- Moved to Colorado in 1996 to be closer to family.
- Serving Bethany as the Director of Busy Bee Preschool since 2001,
- Holds a Master's in Education with undergraduate degrees in social work and child psychology
- Served at the University of Illinois for 13 years, as the state wide coordinator for training in the area of disabilities
- Previously President of the local chapter of The Arc, and The Arc of Illinois
- Previously a skier, a camper, a lover of crafts, music, travel and hospitality
- Continuing life as a lover of Jesus, prayer and His word
Children and Family Ministry Coordinator
- Colorado Native, Born & Raised (Authentic Mile High Accent)
- Worked with kids for more than 25 years (official eyes in back of head)
- Married over 1/2 my life (still mastering communication skills)
- Two adult children (time flies while having fun)
- Have a green thumb (and purple toes, pink ears, brown eyes)
- Animal lover (except rodents, spiders, snakes and other "heebee geebee" critters)
- Always a tune in my head (aspiring "front whistler" in future band)
- Grew up in Florida (Go Gators!) but also lived in North Carolina and Hawai'i.
- Was a missionary for 11 years with Cru. Besides being escorted through the jungle by machine-gun-wielding Guatemalans, working as a magazine journalist was by far her favorite job ever.
- Taught private piano lessons for over 20 years . . . turns out 5-year-olds are way better at time management (practicing) than teenagers. Who knew?
- Loves the outdoors, especially freediving and rock climbing. If you aren't into heights or underwater adventure, let's go hiking sometime!
- Is passionate about eco-friendly options and educating people about helping the environment, especially oceans. Styrofoam and single-use plastics are her enemies.
- Considers herself a bit of a “foodie," loves music and time with friends.
- Married a guy from Hawai'i. Yes, he surfs. :)
- Native Coloradan, I've lived in the high mountains, foothills, and plains (I'm a mountain girl through and through)
- Worked in Sales, Retail, Management, Public Works (and everything from Flower Arranging to Snow Plowing)
- Mother of three kids and married for over a decade
- Love being in nature (also love bringing nature inside... there is no such thing as too many flowers)
- Love creating art (and can spend hours at Hobby Lobby)
- Enjoy learning new things and having adventure whenever possible
MARY KATHERINE MORRIS
- Born and raised in south Alabama; University of Alabama graduate (roll tide!)
- currently pursuing a masters of divinity at Denver Seminary
- Loves studying church history and reading the early church fathers’ writings
- LOVES hiking and kayaking (grew up on the water)
- Hopes to one day be able to do ministry on college campuses across the United States
- One of my hobbies is finding healthy ways to make delicious desserts (I love clean eating as much as I love sweets)!
- I’m an open book, I love sharing my testimony, and I will never turn down an opportunity for good conversation over coffee.
- In my free time I like to lift weights, explore new cities, and people watch from park benches.
Student Ministry Resident
- Born and raised in Reno, Nevada (it was awesome to have Lake Tahoe in our "backyard")
- Married to Emma since 2019 (I wouldn't be able to do what I am doing without her!)
- Graduated in 2013 from the University of Nevada, Reno with a Bachelor's in Neuroscience (I wanted to be a doctor)
- Studying for a Master's in Old Testament at Denver Seminary
- Been a Green Bay Packers fan ever since I can remember because my favorite color is green (sorry Bronco fans)
- A coffee lover, especially pour overs with something sweet to eat with it
- Enjoys being outside and spending time with my wife
- A bit of a foodie (I love to cook and try new foods)